Photo by Lucas Ludwig on Unsplash
As Summer starts to wind down, there is little time left for some last-minute spontaneous camping trips! Nothing is as relaxing as laying down in your tent while gazing at the stars.
If you want to go on a trip but are unsure of where to go, we got you covered! We have compiled a list of the best weekend getaways for camping near Greenwood Village to make it easier for you to pack your bags up and hit the road. The top five getaways we have chosen are;
- Golden Gate Canyon: This park offers various campgrounds and cabins along with other yurts, RV sites, group sites, and even a guest house. In total, there are 132 campsites in two campgrounds in the park for guests to enjoy.
- Spruce Grove Campground: Spruce Grove is located 14 miles out of Lake George, Colorado, along Tarryall Creek. The area is known to have much wildlife, including sheep, bobcats, black bears, elk, and deer. The campsite offers 30 reservable campsites with access to drinking water, vault toilets, campfire rings, and picnic tables.
- Reverend Ridge Campground: Reverend's Ridge provides guests with 38 tent sites and 59 sites. These sites feature electrical hookups, laundry facilities, toilets, showers, and dump stations. Recreational activities such as mountain biking, hiking, horseback riding, fishing, and viewing the wildlife are great activities on this campground.
- Chatfield State Park: This park's location is about 45 minutes south of Denver. The park's nature preserve is a 5,800-acre area. The campground is open year-round, but there is limited access and services available in the winter. The park also features some sites that are ADA accessible. In the park, visitors have access to about 200 tent/RV campsites. Some of the utility and accessibility features include full hookups, electric hookups, parking pads for vehicles and trailers, tent pads, picnic tables, cooking grills. Other features include hot showers, laundry facilities, a dump station, toilets, and drinking water.
- Cherry Creek State Park: Cherry Creek Park is an 880-acre reservoir that offers camping sites, picnicking areas, group event facilities, and natural prairie. You can expect the Summer to be at its peak and a quiet, serene environment in the winters.
Before hitting the road, it is essential to ensure that your vehicle has all of the necessary preventative maintenance done to bring a sense of relief and commodity on the road. Please schedule your appointment here or visit us at 6615 S. Dayton Street, Greenwood Village, CO 80111. Our experts at Antero Automotive would be more than happy to get to work on your vehicle!